Come on ... draw some stick people ;)
Frea Factor #2 - The champion
Fear Factor #1
Faces to remember
What will tomorrow be?
See it thru
Mekong river - sunset
Yummy fruit shake in the making
Fruit Shake Ingredient
The way to go home
Busy like a bee
Take a break
Prepare for "rainy" day
You jump, I jump !!!
Thru the horizon
From Mekong to the world - a peep
Mekong River sunset
Multi-purpose river #2 - Clean horse & bath
Multi-purpose river #1 - Wash bike
Some local food (or fruit?)
Choose your weapon. This is the service available ... saw this in the hotel lobby
Phnom Penh Airport
How's my trip?
And my answer is always very short - "Good"
Well, I guess it's too simple to summarize 8 days with only 1 word. OK.. will elaborate a bit...
1) I love their local food there, food and drink are in fact the first thing I remember the most whenever I travel. Partly because I love food ;) but also because from the type of food people eat or drink, it speaks of their lifestyle & culture. May be most people think I'm just "kaki makan" (someone who just love to eat), however it's more than that...
In cambodia, I found a lot of marinated food: fruit, vegetable, fish, crab. It's because they do not want to waste the food and just throw it away when it turn bad. Every mango, every fish is so precious to them ...
Cambodian's eating style is very different from Malaysian. We order 5 or 6 dished for 8 person and we do not eat so much rice, we eat the dishes more ... Cambodian can eat 3 bowl of rice with just some sauce (soye saurce or dishes sauece), it is also because they are "trained" this way since young .... not that they do not like meat ;)
2) The life style there is too simple for me ;) sleep at 9 pm and woke up at 5am to start the day .... quite relax in the sense. After a hard work in the morning, lepak by sitting at the balcony chit chatting. I still remember the first thing I did once I get back from a small village "Kratie" back to the capital "Phnom Penh" is to get connected to the internet... even before checking in. The rest of the team check in and then they went for massage. But I just got stucked in front of the computer with internet, to the point I think it's really addiction ;)
I always wanted simple life, but this seems to be too simple ....
3) How's the trip? This indeed is a very difficult question for me to answer. I enjoy the trip in some sense, having fun with the children, being with them, play with them, do crafts with them, talk to them, being called "Christine, this and Christine that...". But there is no "YES!!! It's great" kind of feeling or description..... I think it's a good trip overall but cannot specificly tell what is good.....
4) Lastly, good to be back. Back to my home land, back to see friends I missed and back to eat Malaysian food :)
Last Post before I disappear
Take care everyone....
*** Actually I miss all my friends, food, activities in Malaysia ***
Little Houses ....
Spent my weekend in Genting with colleagues and got this shot...
** My Absolute Pink Album @ Flickr
* Shopping using other's money
* A lovely Home